Monday, January 7, 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash

I needed some sort of side to go with the chili that would be "cooling" since the chili had some spice. Normally some cornbread and honey will accomplish this, but I had to think a little outside the box. I made some roasted butternut squash. Why don't I make this more often? I have no clue, it's so good!

1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into small pieces
salt and pepper
agave
Smart Balance buttery spread with flaxseed oil


Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  • Cut up the butternut squash and put in a baking dish
  • Drizzle approximately 1 tablespoon of agave over top, 1 tablespoon of the Smart Balance and generously season with salt and pepper
  • Bake in the oven approximately 20 minutes
  • For the last 5 minutes, broil on high
  • Take a quick taste and if you desire a little more sweetness, drizzle a little bit more agave over the top when you serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment