Thursday, January 24, 2013

Green Packed Pasta

Tonight was a night I wish I could have just gone out to dinner. Stephen has been sick the whole week, I had to run a ton of errands after work and I just wanted to be lazy! Luckily I had a TON of greens from farmers' market I needed to use up. This was a dish I literally threw together in about 10 minutes. Was pretty darn good too!

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable stock
1 cup Swiss chard, chopped
1 cup kale, chopped
1/2 cup spinach, chopped
5 tomatoes, diced very small
1 container of mushrooms, sliced
4 cloves garlic
corn & quinoa pasta
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon dried minced onions
1 teaspoon oregano




Directions
  • Boil and drain pasta according to the directions. 
  • In a large saute pan, add your olive oil and garlic and let cook about 3 minutes. Then add tomatoes, seasonings, and vegetable stock and let the tomatoes cook about 5 minutes then add mushrooms. 
  • Add all the greens and stir to get all of them mixed with the tomato garlic sauce. Then add cooked pasta right to the dish!
  • Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment