Friday, January 4, 2013

Bean Tacos

I always make these tacos, even when we aren't on this cleanse, because I really just don't want ground beef or turkey sometimes. These are SO good. If I had more time tonight I would have made my homemade tomatillo sauce, it is the perfect compliment to these tacos.

corn tortillas
1 can of black beans
1 can of kidney beans
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
soy cheese
cilantro, chopped
cabbage (or romaine lettuce for my dad :) )
any other favorite toppings (we like shredded carrots, microgreens, jalapenos, avocado and salsa)



Directions:
  • In a pan, heat olive oil and saute the onions and garlic until tender
  • Add the black beans and kidney beans and all spices, cook about 10 minutes
  • Prep all your toppings and saute up your tortillas and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment