Monday, January 21, 2013

Coconut Bars

Ever have one of those days where you are craving gooey brownies? Well fortunately, I found an awesome website that had this recipe for coconut bars that are vegan, sugar free and gluten free! They take about an hour to set up, but making them literally took me 5 minutes! Best part- they are no- bake too!! I found the original recipe way too sweet, so I made some adjustments below.  Also- if you are OK with having a small amount of caffiene, these would be EXCELLENT with some chopped dark (at least 60%) chocolate mixed in or drizzled on top! If you are making these for more than 2-3 people I would double the recipe to make more.

1 cup unsweetened coconut (make sure it is not sweetened)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup agave
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2  teaspoon vanilla (I used my homemade vanilla!)


Directions
  • Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until all incorporated and no large lumps
  • Push into a small Tupperware or dish, mine was like 4 x 5 inches. 
  • Put in the refrigerator and let set up 45 mins to an hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment