Thursday, January 3, 2013

Go-to Breakfast

My favorite breakfast on this cleanse is what I call a rice cake scramble :)  It is packed with great energy boosters. You can easily switch out ingredients too- for example- replace the banana with blackberries! Its all delicious.

Banana, sliced
1-2 brown rice cakes
1 tablespoons of peanut butter with flax seed and no sugar
15-20 raw almonds
1 teaspoon agave nectar

Directions:
  • Spread each rice cake with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter and put in a bowl on top of each other
  • Sprinkle with the almonds (can be whole or sliced but need to be raw), banana, and agave nectar
  • Using a fork, break up the rice cakes and mix everything up!


2 comments:

  1. What brand of PB do you use? I think I might have to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the Roasted Peanut butter w/ Flax Seed from trader joes. It is by far my favorite. I haven't seen it in the store the past couple times I have gone, I am hoping they get it back in. We had a stockpile. If they don't Traders also has a creamy, salted(or unsalted) PB w/o sugar! You can always just throw some flax seeds on top :)

    ReplyDelete