Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 1 - Dinner

Day 1! We had some leftover salad from last night, so we wanted to make the first day easy on ourselves and make a good salad. This one is complete with a homemade "Caesar" dressing. I looked around for several different recipes for a dressing that didn't have any of the taboo items and I didn't have all the ingredients for any of them, so I made up my own! I will tell you that Stephen looked at me, then the blender, and asked what the heck tofu was doing in the blender. I made him a believer though- this is definitely more satisfying than olive oil and vinegar! This recipe made about 3 1/2 cups and it should last about a week in the fridge.

12 oz container of tofu, drained
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
4 tablespoons capers + a little juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard (Trader Joes has a spicy mustard w/ no sugar)
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup tablespoons fresh cilantro


Directions:
  • In a blender, combine the tofu, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, capers, mustard and salt and pepper. 
  • While blending, slowly add the olive oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
  • Add cilantro and pulse a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment