Saturday, January 7, 2012

Slow Cooker Lasagna

Italian food is my absolute favorite. When I discovered "no boil" lasagna noodles, I knew I had to try and make a lasagna in the slow cooker. I pretty much wing it when I make my own lasagna from scratch so I decided to do that with this recipe, but I did try to keep track so I could add it to my blog :) Let me tell you, ahh-may-zing! Next time I will add even more sauce though!!


1 pound of turkey meat, cooked and drained
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 very small can of tomato paste
1 packs of "no boil" lasagna noodles (mine were by Barilla)
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 8oz bag of frozen spinach, cooked and drained (I did it in the microwave)
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
mozzarella cheese
Directions:
  • Brown the turkey meat (you can use beef, but I always use turkey, lower cals!), season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and Italian seasoning
  • Once the meat is done, add the jar of spaghetti sauce and small can of tomato paste and let cook about 5 minutes, put aside
  • Spray the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray (trust me, makes clean up SO much easier)
  • Put a little bit of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the crock pot
  • Layer some of the uncooked noodles, followed by a layer of sauce, then ricotta, then spinach. Do two more layers of this, on the second layer, add a sprinkle of mozzarella over the ricotta. Finish with a layer of noodles, then sauce and cover with mozzarella cheese.
  • The order of how you do things really isn't too important, as long as you have the layers- you can customize it and add whatever you want too!
  • Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment