Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cream of Mushroom Chicken

This meal is definitely my go-to meal because of its simplicity, I almost always have every ingredient and its so incredibly simple. 3 ingredients (not including the standard salt and pepper) and you are done! I made this recipe for years like the Campbells can told me to... not in the crock pot. However, about 3 years ago I started making it in the crock pot and never went back! It is hard to make this dish look exciting, its a lot of beige but I always add some colorful veggies on the side!

Pack of chicken breasts (I usually get a 3 pack for me and Steve and leftovers)
1 large can + 1 small can cream of mushroom soup
salt and pepper
rice



Directions:
  • Put the soup and chicken in the crock pot. Add 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon salt and walk away for 8 hours!
  • Shred the chicken in the crock pot, stir up.
  • Cook the rice, serve under the cream of mushroom chicken and you are done!
  • Delicious!!


1 comment:

  1. I add nuts to mine for texture... pecans add awesome flavor, walnuts more crunch, and sometimes oninions (I know me add onions to something??) for a little extra something something.

    ReplyDelete