Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Chicken Posole

So. so. good! I absolutely LOVE hominy, so I wanted to try out yet another recipe with my new crock pot. I looked up tons of recipes, didn't really love any so made up my own. This one is awesome, you have to try it!



2 cans hominy
1 can mild or medium enchilada sauce
1 or 2 cans chicken broth (2 cans makes a lot more broth, 1 makes it more meaty)
1 can diced tomatoes, I used ones with chili's in them
2 teaspoons pepper
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons oregano
3-4 chicken breasts
4-5 carrots, sliced into half moons
1 medium onion, chopped in large dices
5 garlic cloves, minced

Directions:
  • Put all ingredients in a crock pot and stir to mix.
  • Cook on low 8-10 hours
  • Shred chicken and return back to the soup
  • Top with avocado, cilantro, and tomatoes
  • Gobble up!

No comments:

Post a Comment