Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Kale, Swiss Chard & Jalapeno Sausage Frittata

Using up the last of the massive amount of Kale I purchased last week. Kale is SO amazingly good for you, and I would eat it every day if I could, I love it. This frittata was perfect for me... I wanted something quick and packed with protein for dinner. If you don't have kale or Swiss Chard, spinach or arugula can easily be substituted. This is what I came up with :)

1 bunch of kale, chopped
7 Swiss chard leaves, chopped
1 cup cup parmesan cheese
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1 pack of Jalapeno sausage links, cut small (Trader Joes)
12-14 eggs
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oregano




Directions:
  • Remove sausage from casing and saute in the pan you will be making frittata in. Drain out excess grease if applicable. 
  • Add onion and garlic and saute about 5 minutes. 
  • Add the swiss chard and kale, letting it all cook down
  • Whip eggs, milk, cheese and seasonings in a separate bowl, then add to the pan
  • Stir to evenly distribute, reduce heat to low and let cook until eggs are set up and almost cook through- about 10 minutes
  • Add pan to the broiler and let the center set, about 5 minutes.
  • Free the egg from the pan and serve up!
  • I served ours with a nice arugula side salad :)


No comments:

Post a Comment