Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Aunt Jackie's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I was craving chocolate cake today, but for some reason decided to cook something a little more portable. My aunt is a baker, and came up with this recipe after much testing, so I decided to try it myself! I think what makes these cookies bake well is refrigerating the dough for an hour before cooking them and then just using a scooper to place them on a cookie sheet (not pushing down). They stay soft, fluffy and great!  The only things I changed was I added 2 1/2 cups choc chips (original was 1 1/4 and added 2 tsp vanilla instead of 1). I also baked for only 14 minutes, recipe called for 18. Mine were brown on the edges at 14 so I didn't want to bake them any longer. 

2 1/4 c. Flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar

3/4 c. melted butter
2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 c. Chocolate chips OR Mini M&Ms



Directions: 
  • Mix all dry ingredients and set aside. 
  • Melt butter and cream with brown sugar & sugar then add eggs & vanilla continue to mix until blended. 
  • Then slowly add dry ingredients until blended then chocolate chips.
  • Now you can do one of 2 things:
    • Refrigerate dough in mixing bowl for at least an hour.
    • OR
    • Use a cookie scoop and scoop out cookie dough on cookie sheet ( i use parchment paper) and put in refrigerator for about 15 min or until good and firm.
  • Bake at 325 for 14 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment