Monday, April 21, 2014

Whole Wheat & Oat Pancakes

As I have mentioned in my logs, pregnancy has made me exponentially crave sweets and carbs - although not sure what my excuse was before?  Well I wanted pancakes on Sunday morning, so I decided to make some that were a bit healthier. I found this recipe here, and it really is amazingly good! I made a couple minor changes, and I highly recommend them!

1 cup whole wheat flour 
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg
1 cup milk (can also use almond milk)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup greek yogurt (I used vanilla)
1 banana, mashed




Directions: 
  • Toss the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside
  • In a separate medium bowl, whisk the egg and milk
  • Then add the brown sugar, vanilla and yogurt and whisk until no lumps
  • Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients, stir gently.
  • Don't overmix! Add in any mix ins carefully at this time (this is when I added banana, but you could do blue berries, choc chips, etc.)
  • Heat a pan and pour about 1/4 cup of batter on the griddle. 
  • Cook until edges look dry and bubbles form on center or outside, then flip!
  • I served mine up covered in a little peanut butter, real maple syrup and strawberries!

No comments:

Post a Comment