Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Baby Log: Weeks 13-20

Food cravings: Still only wanting sweets and carbs, pretty sure my poor husband hates me for this.

Food Aversions: Still no zucchini (the thought of it alone makes me want to squirm) and ground meat is making me queezy. Fortunately, everything else is ok :)

What I am feeling: Seriously exhausted. The weekend of March 29-30 I recall as maybe one of the most exhausting weekends. I have, however, been able to start running again in my workouts. The first several weeks, I couldn't do pull ups or run. I would have to row and just skip them. April 3 was my first day back doing sprints and it felt amazing!! Overall now though, I am doing ok, I have my moments of exhaustion, but I am doing well. I am sure this is just my body's way of preparing me for the exhausted road ahead.

Baby Movement: Weeks 13-14, nothing! It was really freaking me out, but after an April 9 appointment with my doctor, he assured me that all was well. I got to hear the heart beat for the first time on April 9 too - at a previous appointment the little guy was moving around SO much she couldn't find the heart beat very well.  Beats per minute = 150 +  SOOOO if the old wives tale is true, that would mean a girl. That honestly had been my gut feeling all along, but I am not going to go out and buy any pink or glitter just yet!

On April 27, Stephen and I could have sworn we heard the baby kick. I kinda felt something, but not really. We borrowed a friends stethoscope and Stephen listened away forever. Finally found an area where something was definitely going on - and no wasn't just tummy noises!!

Next Steps: We find out the sex on May 13!! So thrilled!!


No comments:

Post a Comment