Thursday, April 10, 2014

Baby Log Weeks 4-12

These first 9 weeks have been pretty amazing. Not only do I understand the feeling of being a super hero for being able to grow a little human inside me, this has been such a wonderful thing to be sharing with Stephen and our friends and families.

Food cravings: None so far, of course, as always I really want bread and cake :)

Food Aversions: Weeks 5 through 10 I pretty much couldn't eat much of anything. For two weeks straight I ate cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Stephen was scared I was going to turn into a cheerio I am sure. Then about week 11, I could start eating more and now at the end of week 12, I am back to pretty much eating anything. The only things that I seem to be having issues with is zucchini and any ground meat or sausage.

What I am feeling: It was pretty funny at about week 5, we were in the middle of a Paleo challenge for the gym. I was completely convinced that Paleo was the devil. I was exhausted beyond belief, just queezy all the time and starving! Little did I know, it was not the Paleo diet, it was the little human growing inside me! Up until about week 10, I felt like I was motion sick all day long. I had a hard time working out (pull-ups made me feel like I was on a roller coaster), but still pushed through it and got to the gym about 3 times a week. Now at the end of week 12, I am feeling so much better. Still get tired pretty easily, but I am so happy!

Baby Movement: At the end of week 10 I could have sworn I felt the baby move.. Just a slight little pop feeling is what I can describe it as. I even thought that the baby loved when I took showers. I would feel a bump pop out when I was taking a shower, Stephen could even feel it too... about 30 minutes before and after the shower though, it was not noticeable. I will always say the baby takes after his mama and is a little water lover!

9.5 week ultrasound: This was the first time both Stephen and I got to see our little baby. At 6 weeks, it was just a little flicker. This time, we both got to witness the amazing little shape taking form and the strong heartbeat. Amazing!

11 week ultrasound: At this ultrasound the baby was INSANELY active. Flipping around, crossing its legs, waving its arms. Kept showing us the booty. We could see a very strong heartbeat, but the nurse couldn't get the sound of the heart beat because the baby was so active. Just as we would start to hear it, the baby would swim away :)

Next Steps: Normal OB appointment April 9th!

No comments:

Post a Comment