Sunday, December 22, 2013

Iced Eggnog Cookies - FAIL

Nothing says Christmas more than Eggnog (and Brandy). When I saw this recipe, I knew it was meant for my making! Screeeeech to a halt here..... now, I consider myself a pretty good baker, never really had any "fails" if you will. Well I consider these to be an absolute FAIL. The cookies tasted fairly good*, eh not my favorite, but the formula is terrible. The cookies spread out and look like pancakes, they crumble apart whether you wait 1 minute for them to cool or 5. Let's just say these will be limited edition in our house and will be discontinued. I can say this is the only cookie I just threw the batter away before I finished. I really have no idea what happened with these cookies, needless to say, I don't even think they are worth trying again!

So as you can see, this isn't really a recipe blog post today, but a Merry Christmas Fail :) Thank goodness I made some BOMB Snickerdoodle Bread today too, or the whole day might have been a fail!




* In Stephen's professional cookie eating opinion, the cookies were actually really good. He loved the flavor of the "spice cookies" :) So eggnog maybe didn't come through as much, but they were Stephen approved.



No comments:

Post a Comment