Monday, December 9, 2013

Cranberry Brie Phyllo Cups

Stephen and I had our Christmas party this past weekend and among a bunch of other amazing dishes that were brought to the party, I made some Cranberry Brie cups as an appetizer. I found this recipe online (surprisingly not on Pinterest, but I can't even remember where). They were SO good! They had the potential to be a major fail, considering they were supposed to be in the oven about 6-8 minutes and I forgot about them and they ended up in there about 30 minutes, but even being in the oven WAY too long they were great!! These are probably the simplest appetizer I have EVER made. And they look kinda fancy :)

mini phyllo cups (I used 3 boxes of 15 each)
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup pecans chopped
1 round of brie cheese



Directions: 
  • Remove the peel from the brie cheese, careful not to waste too much (or any) of the delicious cheese underneath. 
  • Chop pecans (you could also use walnuts, the original recipe called for them, but I thought pecans had a bit more flavor)
  • Remove cranberry from can and stir to loosen it all up, add the pecans and stir. 
  • Place the cups on a baking sheet
  • Put a small piece of brie in each one, then put a dollop of the cranberry mix
  • Cook in the oven about 6-10 minutes. Want the cheese to just start to melt and the cups (that are precooked) to warm and get crisp!
  • Devour! 


No comments:

Post a Comment