Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentines Day

Well now that I am aware of the incredible simplicity of rice krispy treats, I have NO clue why I never made them before. I think I might have become obsessed with them. This year, Stephen and I didn't want to spend $ on gifts for Valentines, just spend some quality time together, which is so much better anyways!

I made a heart shaped rice krispy treat with homemade buttercream frosting to decorate a little Valentines flare. Since I already did the recipe for the treats, I will give you the recipe for this buttercream, it was insanely good! Give it a try! The recipe below is for a smaller batch of buttercream. If you want to make a full batch to have 10-12 servings, just double each ingredient (except the vanilla bean).

1/2 cup butter
1.5-2 cups of powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean pod, beans removed
1.5 tablespoons of heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Directions:
  • Start to cream the butter and slowly add in the powdered sugar until it is all incorporated
  • Add the vanilla beans, cream, and vanilla extract and beat on medium for about 1 more minute.
  • If the buttercream is too thick, you can add a little more cream or milk, if it is too runny, you can add more powdered sugar.
  • Top this on your favorite cupcakes, cakes, or in my case rice krispy treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment