Sunday, February 12, 2012

Rice Krispy Treats

So I am sure I am the last female on earth to never have made Rice Krispy Treats. Although you can get the recipe right from the box, I wanted to document my first time making them :)  You will notice I made the rice krispies with a store brand. When I went to the store that day to buy the cereal, the brand name was over $5 a box! The store brand, however, for only 1 ounce less was $2.25. I think its a no brainer why I chose the store brand.
I added some little special touches to my treats, so obviously they are optional!
6 cups rice cereal
3 tablespoons butter
1 package (10 oz) of marshmallows
1 Hershey chocolate bar
sprinkles (I used hearts because Valentines day is soon!)


Directions:
  • In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
  • Add the rice cereal and stir until well coated
  • Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into a 9x13 baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. 
  • Let cool and then drizzle melted chocolate over the top and top with festive sprinkles!
  • Cut into squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment