Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pork Tenderloin Stir Fry

I was in the meat section of Traders last week, looking for some inspiration. I am embarrassed to even say it, not sure if it was the shape of the tenderloin or what, but it grabbed my eye and I decided it was the piece of meat for me :)  This is what I came up with! I made this last week - a little late on the post, but better late than never on this one!

1 pork tenderloin, cut into medium sized cubes
2 cups carrots
2 cups snow peas
1/2 cup broccoli
1/2 cup green beans

Sauce:
1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons coconut flour (to thicken sauce)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, minced**
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
juice of one lime
salt and pepper



Directions: 
  • Cut up the tenderloin into either medium size cubes or thinner sliced rounds. If you want to cut thinner, and you have time, placing the pork loin in the freezer for 20-30 minutes really helps make that process 100 times easier.
  • Season the pork with salt and pepper.
  • In a pan with 1 tablespoon oil, saute the meat until it is mostly opaque and browned. Remove from the pan and drain. 
  • In the same pan, add the veggies and cook about 5 minutes. I prefer my veggies to be very crisp still when I eat them- leave those nutrients where they belong!
  • Then mix up your sauce and add to the pan, then add back in your meat right away and cook about 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened. 
  • Serve up alone or over some quinoa or brown rice!
** Another tip with ginger. I always keep mine in the freezer. When I go to grate it, it goes SUPER fast and is way easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment