Sunday, July 27, 2014

Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Everyone had been asking for a Paleo Chocolate Zucchini bread on the challenge, so I finally got over the fear of zucchini I have had for the past almost 8 months and made it :) I found the recipe on PaleOMG.com and I doubled the recipe... thank goodness, if I didn't it would have been a pretty tiny loaf! The bread was delicious... moist, extremely chocolaty and pretty much guilt free I thought! Definitely recommend!! Also- for those of you with picky kiddos - you don't see any green in this bread, as far as I am concerned you can tell them it is chocolate bread ;) Next time I make this bread, I am going to experiment a little - add some banana, walnuts and probably coconut!!

2 medium zucchinis (3 cups) shredded and drained well
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups peanut butter or almond butter (I use PB, next time will try AB, can also use sunbutter)
2/3 cup raw honey
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg (optional but I love it so I added it)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

  
Directions:
  • Shred and drain the zucchini well. You want it to be pretty dry.
  • Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until fully incorporated
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes if you are doing one large loaf like I did. You want a tooth pick to come out pretty clean but not too dry - want to keep that bread moist.
  • Let cool and serve!!


No comments:

Post a Comment