Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Ground Turkey Lettuce Wraps

We are doing the Paleo-ish challenge again at the gym, and although I am pregnant and NEED my toast, I am trying to participate as much as possible. My mom, dad and Stephen are all doing it, so I am helping support them and cook some meals throughout the week! This one turned out really yummy. I made a TON, or what I thought was a ton, and there was some left over for us to all have for lunch the next day. I kind of made this up as I went, so I tried to estimate the amounts of everything I used. Definitely one we would all eat again! This recipe is great because you could keep the seasonings the same and add different veggies that you have in your fridge. It has an "asian" like taste.

4 lbs ground turkey
1 yellow pepper, diced small
about 20 baby carrots, diced
1 cup mushrooms, diced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1/4 cup liquid aminos
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1/4 cup sesame seeds
3 tablespoons chili powder (it might have even been closer to 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon coconut flour (to thicken)
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon pepper
1 tablespoon garlic powder
butter leaf lettuce
red peppers, sliced
avocado
2-3 green onions
arugula 




Directions: 
  • Add meat, onion, yellow pepper, mushrooms, and seasonings to the pan and brown the meat, about 15-20 minutes. 
  • If you have a lot of liquid at the bottom of the pan, drain the meat. 
  • Add the liquid aminos and red wine vinegar.
  • Add the coconut flour and stir to start to thicken the sauce. 
  • When you are about 5 minutes away from the meat being done, add the carrots, you want them to have a slight crunch. 
  • Serve in a butter leaf lettuce cup and top with some avocado, red peppers, green onions and arugula!


No comments:

Post a Comment