Thursday, July 31, 2014

Baby Log: Weeks 21-28

I am a couple weeks late posting this one (since I will be 32 weeks this weekend- eeekkk!)

Food cravings: nothing special. An amazing glass of red wine would be nice though.

Food Aversions: Still no zucchini... sauteed veggies in general sound kind of yucky.

What I am feeling: Great. Some minor back and neck pain, but nothing too bad. Helps having an amazing husband who is always willing to give me a massage, and parents who cook us dinner all the time and provide a beautiful home for us to stay in while we are building ours, for those things, I am so grateful!

Baby Movement: I will never forget the day or moment. At 3:30 pm on Wednesday, May 21. I KNOW I felt the baby kick (or punch) for the very first time. Up until that point, there were feelings, that might have been movements I suppose, or gas, who knows. But this one was a definite kick. Amazing how powerful a little 13 ounce baby girl can be! It was right at my belly button and it was like I could feel the outline of the foot as it kicked me. It quiet literally made me jump out of my chair at work!

The tech had warned me that I might not feel her move a little later than most because she is nice and cozy up very high in my uterus. So I was just patiently waiting. What an amazing feeling it was, it immediately made me burst into tears :)

After that, about a week later she decided she never wanted to stop moving. She kicked and punched randomly all day, but every single night between 8-9:30 pm she was the most active. Hope she knows my bedtime is 8 pm! I can't tell you the joy it brings me when I would be laying in bed and I would feel a kick and Stephen would jump over to feel her move. It is really special that he can now share in those moments with me now.

A few times during these weeks, I could also feel her whole body as she spun around. What started with a kick, then felt like her whole back then a hand. She even kicked and punched in two separate spots at the same time. I love her so much already!

On June 18 after lunch I am pretty sure I felt her little hiccups for the first time. I could be wrong, but pretty sure that is what it was! It felt like a very rhythmic heartbeat for about 2 minutes.. then stopped.. then started again for about 1 minute. Definitely felt different than a kick. I loved it!

Next Steps: More doctor's appointments to check progress, a babymoon coming up and just enjoy this journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment