Monday, June 9, 2014

Bacon Wrapped Avocado Nests

I found this recipe online and quickly discovered that it was WAY harder than it sounded. I cursed the avocados as they let the eggs slide right off them like the little hole the pit once occupied did not even exist. With a few of the avocados I had to create a little bit larger of a well to hold the eggs in them and then had to prop the avocados next to each other so they didn't fall over. Needless to say, this was a messy job. Next time I make them, (there will be a next time because everyone thought the final product was really good), I will think of a little bit different way to do them. I showed a picture I was sure was going to be a "fail" picture below, however when I turned them over, the presentation side actually did look pretty good!

Avocados
Eggs
Bacon
Pepper


This is when I almost started crying - what a mess!

Directions: 
  • Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and peel them. Then make the holes that the pits created a little larger. 
  • Break open an egg (the easiest way I found to do this was just to break it open in my hand) and split the egg in half. Putting 1 half in 1 avocado half and the other in the other avocado half. 
  • Season with pepper (original recipe called for salt too, but I think the bacon adds plenty of salt)
  • Gently pick up the avocado and wrap in bacon. 
  • Put in the oven at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes. 
  • Turn on the broiler and cook about 5 minutes, then flip the nests over and broil another 5 minutes to get the bacon all crispy. 
  • Eat!


2 comments:

  1. Just found your blog, those looj yummy!! Maybe try putting them on muffin tins?

    ReplyDelete