Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Leftover Pancake Batter Muffins

I am sure many are wondering what "leftover pancake batter" is :) In my house, somehow we always make extra that we simply can't force down. For Father's Day, my mom and I made yummy bacon pancakes... the ones where you cook some bacon then put the delicious pancake batter over them (picture below). We had about 1 cup of batter left over so Stephen had the idea to make some muffins out of them. I had been saying I wanted to have a quick go to bar or something I could have before my 5:15 am workouts because these days I have been STARVING. These little creations were actually incredibly delicious. I stored them in the fridge and just put them in the toaster oven when I wanted to eat them.  Honestly, I didn't really measure the extra stuff I put in them (what I have below are estimates), but I don't think it matters, just do whatever you want and you can be creative with your additions too!

Approx 1 - 1 1/2 cups pancake batter
1 cup coconut flakes
 2 tablespoons flax seed
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1 fresh peach, chopped
1 banana, mashed
4 pieces dried peach, chopped
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon cinnamon



Bacon Pancakes!!
Directions: 
  • Dump all the ingredients into a bowl and mix. 
  • Fill up cupcake liners in a muffin tin (they don't rise a lot so you can fill them pretty full)
  • Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. You want them to be firm and cooked, but not overdone and dry. They don't get very brown on the top. 
  • Store in the fridge or the freezer and take them out as you wish!! This recipe made about 20 muffins.  

No comments:

Post a Comment