Thursday, May 29, 2014

Paleo-Ish Chicken Parmesan

With my mom and dad trying to stick with a lower-carb diet, and me needing to attempt to stick to a lower carb diet, behold the Paleo-ish Chicken Parm. Although, I will be honest... about 10 minutes before we were about to eat... I succumbed to my weakness and make some rotini. Only a little though :)

I had purchased some ground cashew meal at Traders like 3 months ago and never opened them, figured this was the perfect opportunity. I call it Paleo-ish because I did use a teeny bit of Parmesan cheese - duh its parm chicken how can you not? It was really yummy, I think this version will be a staple. The below fed the 4 of us...

3 chicken breasts, pounded thinner
1 1/2 cup ground cashews
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese + additional 2 tablespoons
salt and pepper
garlic powder
3 eggs
2 tablespoons milk
Favorite no sugar added spaghetti sauce





Directions: 
  • Mix cashews, seasonings and Parmesan in a shallow dish
  • In another shallow dish, add eggs, milk and season with salt and pepper - then whisk
  • Pound chicken breasts slightly if they are thick season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
  • Dip in egg mix, then into cashew mix. 
  • Put in a lightly greased baking dish
  • Bake for approximately 15 minutes, then flip in oven and cook another 10-15 minutes until the chicken is firm to the touch. 
  • Turn on the broiler for about 3 minutes to get chicken brown and crispy, then flip again and do it another 3-5 minutes. 
  • Serve under your favorite homemade or jarred spaghetti sauce!



No comments:

Post a Comment