Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Getting back in the game

It just occurred to me, when my friend Lauren started her own blog that I had not done an entry since October! That alone should tell you what a whirlwind the last year has been. Looking back at my "to do" list I realized that we have not yet accomplished the 4 things I had on the list! We did get an awesome new TV and some stuff to spice up our walls, however I have not touched the guest room bed and luckily the crazy kids across the street moved :) However, some new things that were added to the list that we did not anticipate:

  • Our balcony failing and causing water damage and mold in our garage
  • Termites deciding to call our kitchen home
  • "Moving" into my parents for a week while they fumigated for termites
  • Having to dig out our gas line because the gas company found a leak (of course, Stephen was out of town so I had to call brother reinforcement)
  • Coming out one morning to find my car window had been shot with a pellet gun
  • Trying out "caulking" our master bathtub only to find out we bought the wrong stuff and had to peel it all off and start again
  • Stupid Pottery Barn and their lack of directions for a wine rack left us with two massive holes in the wall- luckily a strategically placed frame took care of that!
  • In trying to fix our broken toilet (it decided to start leaking during our Christmas Party with friends) it breaks and we have to go get a new one
  • In my effort to be proactive and put aluminum on the bottom of my oven to avoid drips and make for ease of clean up, the aluminum melted to the bottom of the oven- I have yet to get out a razor to pick it all off
It has been quite a first year, but I have loved every second of it. My relationship with Stephen and God has grown to a level I never really thought it could, and I am now at a place in my life where although I stress over everything, I know that everything is put in my path for a reason. Without the exciting adventures above and the incredible support from my husband and amazing parents, I wouldn't be where I was and know what I know....

No comments:

Post a Comment