Sunday, April 21, 2013

OJ Brined Pork Chops with Warm Apple Slaw

I have had a pretty yucky cold the past few days, so needless to say I got a lot of TV time in. I was inspired to make this dish by a recipe I saw them make on Restaurant Impossible. I am definitely not a fan of pork chops, so what gave me the craving to make this is beyond me, but I am glad I did!

1 cup OJ
1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
2 pork chops
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 apples (I did one granny smith and one fuji)
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
2 tablespoons OJ
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 cup red cabbage chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
pepper


Directions:
  • In a large bowl, add OJ, water and 1/2 tablespoon salt and add pork chops and let brine for 3-4 hours.
  • When ready to cook, add tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter to a pan and add apples, garlic, red onion and salt and pepper and saute until the apples are cooked but still firm.  
  • Then add the cabbage and let wilt about 3-5 minutes. 
  • In a separate pan, heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter, season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper and saute the pork chops. 
  • Brown on both sides and let cook. 
  • Serve over garlic mashed potatoes and then cover in the slaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment