Monday, April 29, 2013

Chicken Salad

For the past several weeks I have been eating salads... pretty much exclusively, and I was burnt out! I wanted to prep something new on Sunday that would give me a few meals during the week. I really liked the chicken salad I came up with! The cilantro in the salad gives it a great freshness that typical mayo salads lack. Try it out! I served mine up as lettuce wraps, using delicious butter lettuce!! Stephen still doesn't understand why grapes are in the salad, and I think it freaked him out a little, but he had to admit that it tasted really good.

1 rotisserie chicken, shredded or cubed
1 1/2 cups grapes, sliced in half
1 teaspoon salt and pepper
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons mayonnaise 
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)


Directions:
  • Shred the chicken and put in a large bowl
  • Add all the other ingredients and mix 
  • Serve up in a lettuce wrap, on some bread or in a tortilla (or Stephen just eats with some chips!)


No comments:

Post a Comment