Monday, December 17, 2012

Cheesy Potatoes

I think I will always owe Kristyn Porter for giving me this recipe, it is amazingly delicious and I honestly get so many compliments when I make it. This is a MUST make cheesy potato dish that will get you the title of "Cooking God" when you make it.

1 -2lb bag hash browns (I use the little cubes, I think original recipe is the shredded), thawed
1 container sour cream (16 oz)
2 tablespoons minced onions (dried)
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 cups cheddar cheese
salt and pepper (optional)
1 can cream of chicken soup


Directions: 
  • Thaw the potatoes
  • Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
  • Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl, making sure its thoroughly mixed
  • Spray a baking dish and put the mix into the baking dish
  • Cover and cook about 45 minutes
  • Remove foil and cook another 15-20 minutes
  • The sides should be bubbling and the center cooked through
  • I think you could definitely add some extras to this dish too- jalapenos, veggies, you name it!


2 comments: