Thursday, September 18, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

I was watching Tricia Yearwood one morning and she made these. I thought they sounded pretty amazing and they definitely were!! I took them to a CrossFit competition as an after work out goodie and then gave Stephen some to take to the football office- they were all gobbled up right away! I am not one to continue to make the same thing over and over, but I must admit I couldn't get enough of these :) Definitely recommend!

1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
2 cups pretzel rods, crushed into crumbs
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup plus 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I actually did 2 cups)



Directions: 
  • Crush pretzels into crumbs (I just used my vitamix and pulsed twice)
  • In a bowl, combine pretzels, butter, 1 cup peanut butter and sugar and mix thoroughly
  • In an ungreased 9x13 dish, press the pb mix evenly. 
  • In a microwave safe bowl, put chocolate chops and 1/4 cup peanut butter and put in microwave for 30 seconds at a time and stir each time. 
  • When chocolate is glossy and melted, spread over the pb layer
  • Refrigerate at least 1 hour before cutting into squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment