Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cleanse Day 1 - Lunch

Tomorrow marks the start of my cleanse! I will actually be attempting to do it as long as I can, but for the purposes of this blog- its actually a 21 day cleanse that Stephen and I will for sure be adhering to for 30 days. One thing that can be hard when doing a cleanse like this is packing a lunch for work. My go-to meal will be a veggie sandwich. Its filling and satisfying so I am not thinking of food the whole day. Here is what goes inside!

Brown Rice bread
Soy Mayo - it is eggless 
micro-greens (or sprouts)
spinach
tomato
shredded carrots
red pepper 
avocado
Salt and pepper



4 comments:

  1. Not sure I could get Michael on board with this, but I've been thinking about doing something similar. Hopefully you'll be off this by the time you come visit, because we're already planning an epic Seattle food crawl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Mike that Steve is doing it- maybe it will help convince him? Day 1 and I am not sure if it is the placebo effect working but I feel awesome already!! By the way- Seattle is most definitely going to be my cheat week :) I would never pass up a Seattle food crawl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys will have to tell him about it when you come up! Maybe Steve can do some convincing. :) I'm definitely trying to get us eating healthier. We both need to eat better, exercise more, and lose some weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meg, I noticed you used a brown rice bread in this one. I have found that the Ener-G light tapioca bread is our favorite gluten free bread so far. You should give it a try if you found the taste of the brown rice bread a little 'bland' or 'grainy'.

    ReplyDelete