Sunday, August 26, 2012

No Cream Ice Cream

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and thought "eh not sure how good that will be, but I will Pin it anyways." Well on Saturday night I was desperate for frozen yogurt and neither Stephen nor I wanted to get dressed and head to the store. We always have frozen bananas in the freezer for smoothies, so I decided to try this one out. It was SO good!! Stephen was extremely skeptical, thinking there was no way something with only 3 (ok 4 because I wanted it a little sweeter) ingredients could be so good. This is a must try- and hey, it really is not too unhealthy!

2 frozen bananas, cut into slices
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon powdered sugar
1 tablespoon dutch cocoa powder


Directions: 
  • Put bananas in a food processor and pulse. You will need to scrape down the sides a few times to make sure the bananas are getting pureed. 
  • When the bananas are getting smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and continue to pulse until all blended and smooth. 
  • Put back into the freezer to get it to harden up a little more to the consistency of ice cream. 
  • You can skip the last step and eat right away too!

No comments:

Post a Comment