Thursday, February 6, 2014

Paleo "Corn"Bread

My mom made us some amazing chili this week and quite honestly I don't think chili is chili without corn bread. Having to stick with my Paleo guidelines for the food challenge we are doing, I found a recipe for some paleo muffins and I thought I had all the ingredients, but when I got home realized I only had 2 eggs instead of the 4 the recipe called for. I just improvised :) Here is what I did - it made about 8 cornbread muffins.

1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3 tablespoons honey, warmed
1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed



Directions: 
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • In a bowl, add flour and salt. 
  • In a food processor, add eggs, vinegar and applesauce and pulse for about 5 seconds. 
  • Put honey and coconut oil in a bowl and put in the microwave for about 1 minute until everything is warmed and melted. 
  • Add to the mix in the food processor and pulse about 5 seconds
  • Then add the wet liquid to your dry ingredients and stir until it is all incorporated
  • Line your cupcake pan with liners and fill the liners a little over 3/4 full with the mix. 
  • Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes
  • You want the tops to be starting to brown and be firm to the touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment