Friday, November 15, 2013

Crock Pot Chicken Soup

I found this recipe on Pinterest of course, although why I didn't think of it before is beyond me. So easy. I put it together while I was cooking dinner last night, so it was perfect for a busy week night. Tasted pretty good too- comfort food without all the effort! Sorry, in all my haste to make it, I completely forgot to take pictures.

3 chicken breasts (or about 7 thighs)
1 cup carrots
1 cup onions, diced
1 cup celery, diced
1 large can of petite diced tomatoes
1, 32 oz container of chicken broth
Corn pasta
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/4 cup basil, chopped

Directions: 
  • Put all the veggies in the crock pot then put the chicken on top.
  • Add all the seasonings, tomatoes and chicken broth, mix to incorporate. 
  • Cook on low for 8 hours. 
  • Options for the noodles: You are welcome to cook your noodles right in your soup, it always gives it extra flavor, BUT if you think you will have any left overs, I recommend against doing that. It will only make your noodles super soggy overnight. If you do want to cook them in the crock this is how you do it (otherwise, just boil the noodles how you normally would). 
  • About 30-45 minutes before you want to eat, add your favorite noodles. I used corn penne noodles. Let cook about 30-45 minutes until al dente.
  • Serve up and sprinkle with some Parmesan cheese and fresh basil!

No comments:

Post a Comment