Friday, August 19, 2011

DIY Magnetic Chalkboard

I really wanted to make a chalkboard in my guest room so that I could leave cute little welcome notes for our guests. I found a tutorial for making the exact chalkboard I wanted and here is how I did it!

I first started with an empty frame that I had already painted, tin snips, sheet metal, nails, chalkboard paint, metal primer and an ultra smooth foam roller
Then, I primed the metal and painted with the chalkboard paint. As I was waiting for it to dry I wanted to make my own magnets. I found these little clock pendants in the scrapbooking section at Michaels. I bought some adhesive magnets and attached them to the clocks.
All Done!! I just nailed the sheet metal to the back of the frame and added my magnets!


Hung it in my guest room!

No comments:

Post a Comment