Monday, December 10, 2012

New Beginnings - a preview!

Everyone always has their "New Year Resolutions" - whether or not they are actually kept are another story. I know for myself, I am horrible at keeping New Year Resolutions. This year, Stephen and I are planning on kicking off our new year with a cleanse! We did this cleanse 2 years ago, and I can honestly say it was one of the best things we have ever done. This year, going into the cleanse, I am going to be fully dedicated again and pledge to stick with some of the healthy eating habits you gain from this "challenge".

So- what is the cleanse? It is called the Quantum Wellness Cleanse. 21 days of no gluten, animal products, caffeine  sugar or alcohol.  I wish I had been blogging back when we did this cleanse before so I could actually remember some of the great recipes we had tried. I think the biggest challenge with this cleanse was providing my carnivore of a husband with a comforting, satisfying dinner. Especially in the cold months, a warm, heavier meal at the end of a long day is critical. I had to get creative since I couldn't use the typical proteins and carbohydrates that are usually so satisfying in a meal.  

I will try to keep track of some of my best creations from this challenge- and like the last time we did it - I plan on doing it longer than 21 days (although when it's over I might celebrate with some wine).

This is the kick-start to a happier, healthier new year! Last time we did this, I lost 25 pounds! I plan on losing some weight, getting healthier and working to keep it that way.

Some recipes to look forward to....

  • Sweet potato black bean enchiladas
  • Quinoa taco salad
  • Tofu tacos
  • Quinoa mushroom pilaf
  • Quinoa stuffed portobello mushrooms
  • Mac and Cheese
  • Roasted cauliflower with spicy red chili 
  • Vegan mushroom soup
  • Butternut squash & black bean chili (made this already check it out!)
  • Butternut squash bowties (can be made with gluten free pasta)
  • and much much more!! 

4 comments:

  1. Yep!! Gluten free pasta w/ either soy cheese or different veggies make an awesome sauce, like butternut squash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if you find a good soy cheese. I really want to switch Kaelynn to dairy free but she loves her cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! Trader Joes has a soy cheese that isn't too bad- but I just found one called "Veggie" cheese at Albertsons. So far, it has the best texture and taste. I will let u know if I find anything else, I LOVE my cheese too!

    ReplyDelete